Risk Management CME Course for Medical Practitioners
This "Law for Doctors" video-based risk management CME course covers everything medical practitioners need to know about medical risk management, the litigation process, and how to best protect themselves against patient lawsuits.
These are things every medical practitioner should know NOW!
This risk management CME course is intended for physicians, nurses, and other medical practitioners, the well-being of their practice, and their healthcare institutions. This "law for doctors" online CME course includes clinical and legal pearls that insurance companies and lawyers don’t always volunteer. The tools provided are helpful both to providers who are involved in a legal process and those fortunate enough to not have yet had to deal with a claim, both of whom have an incentive to learn about malpractice and about protecting their livelihood and career.
Risk Management CME Course for PractitionersLaw-4-Docs Risk Management Video Course
Law course for physicians and medical practitioners helps you understand the malpractice process and learn how to protect yourself against lawsuits.
- 12 engaging video lessons by Victor Waters, MD, JD, FCLM, a practicing, board certified physician in internal medicine with over 25 years of experience, a licensed attorney, and founder of Law-4-Docs.com.
- Topics covered:
- Defensive Medicine
- Offensive Medicine
- The Malpractice Claims Process
- You’re Sued, Now What?
- Deposition Tips
- To Settle or Not to Settle?
- Trial tips for Doctors
- 10 Secrets Lawyers Don’t Want You To Know
- Lawsuit Consequences
- 5 Tips: EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
- Informed Consent
- Pain Medication and Liability
- 25 questions for review and retention
- Adaptive self-assessment with guided remediation
- Earn up to 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits™
- Earn up to 3.0 ANCC CNE credit / contact hour
Concise video segments from an experienced physician and attorney.Risk management CME from a medicolegal expert who's seen it all.
Victor Waters, MD, JD, FCLMWith over 25 years of medical practice, Dr. Waters is a practicing board-certified physician and licensed attorney. Lessons are matter of fact, annotated with notes and images, and rich with real-life examples.
What you'll learn from the course.Here's what's covered in the risk management CME course.
Lesson reviews general defensive medicine practices and explains why it is an ineffective shield against a lawsuit.
Learn a more proactive approach to protecting yourself against liability.
The Malpractice Claims Process
Critical information is presented on the legal process in an easy-to-understand format. We address what triggers a lawsuit, how merits of a case are determined and the lawsuit serving process. Learn how to avoid common pitfalls.
You’re Sued, Now What?
We guide you through the initiation of a lawsuit, how to cope with the stress of being served and offer vital recommendations on avoiding mistakes in the early stages of a malpractice claim.
Learn life-saving tips on how to give effective depositions. A deposition can be the difference between winning and losing a case. This video also covers lawyer “trick” questions and how not to fall prey.
To Settle or Not to Settle?
Learn how to make effective decisions that will protect your career. Understand some basic steps you can take to protect yourself and create a better relationship with your insurance provider.
Trial Tips for Doctors
A guide to understanding the legal “game” of trial. Find out how to stack the odds in your favor.
10 Secrets Lawyers Don’t Want You To Know
Insights that will give you a clear advantage in a lawsuit and empower you as a defendant.
An honest and insightful discussion about the emotional, professional and financial consequences of a lawsuit. Learn how to recover and make the most of a negative judgment.
5 Tips: EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
In the age of EMRs, learn critical tips that will reduce your liability risk.
Learn the value and limitations of informed consent that will safe-guard you against liability.
Pain Medication and Liability
An in-depth review of a legal case and lessons we need to learn as we deal with a national crisis in opioid abuse/misuse.
"Education about malpractice and how to prevent it could be the difference between a long career and one cut short by the emotional, professional and financial consequences of a damaging lawsuit. This risk management CME material can’t be found in medical school curriculums, but it should be a standard required course. The majority of physicians WILL be faced with a lawsuit at some point in their careers. As a physician and attorney it has been a career goal of mine to educate and support doctors in reducing their liability risk. I want to help you understand the process before becoming a victim to the tragic consequences of malpractice."
Earn AMA Category 1 physician CME and ANCC nurse contact hours
Earn CME and CNE credit online.
Produce CME / CE certificates whenever you need annually. Useful year after year.
"This is an excellent risk management CME course and I'm glad I took it. I haven't been faced with a lawsuit yet, but I feel much more informed and aware. Learning about the process, the gotchas, and all the opposing tactics Dr. Water's worked through, I was definitely out of my league! This really should be a required part of formative medical education."
Additional benefits of Med-Challenger.
A continuing education solution that keeps on giving every year.
With Med-Challenger, you can add additional assets to your online account for certification exam review, annual MOC requirements and special CME needs - and have it in one place, ready to use, wherever, whenever. Everything stays fresh and you never pay full price ever again. It's just a smarter plan.
Benefits for Lifelong Practice
Comprehensive, up-to-date & new content.
- High-quality specialty review and knowledge protection
- Question banks mapped to board exam specifications
- Detailed answer explanations with bonus Pearls of Wisdom
- Written and peer-reviewed by practicing, board-certified physician educators.
- Informative content blogs and updates keep you in step with MOC and guideline changes.
- Enduring material, unlike a live course you can't revisit.
IntelligentAssessment & Feedback
Do more in less time with intelligent tools.
- Intelligent self-assessment and board exam simulation adapts to your knowledge needs
- Learning prescriptions guide you to reinforcement in areas of difficulty
- Smart exams de-emphasize content you know well so you spend time on material you don't
- Flexible study modes and read-friendly answer keys
- Build smart custom exams
- Predictive performance analytics
PracticalBuilt for Lifelong Practice
Boards and beyond, built for career MOC.
- No need to attend or travel to a live course
- Study when you want
- Earn and claim CME credits and produce CME certificates easily.
- Ongoing news and new content just for having an account.
- Keeps your CME earnings history secure
- Premium membership keeps ALL of your purchased content assets up-to-date and useful.
- Saves money. Never pay full price again. Renew for less.
EfficientSaves Time, Money & Stress
Less stress and more quality of life.
- Works anywhere, on any device, year round.
- Saves time. Intelligent exams focus on what you need to know better.
- Quick and easy to use. No startup labor.
- Don't stress over and over about MOC requirement resources.
- One-time purchases stay in your account forever.
- Single online login to all purchased assets.
Multiple Ways to Learn & Earn
The Med-Challenger platform gives you more than any other. It's designed for today's pressing needs and longterm knowledge quality, maintenance of certification, and hassle-free requirement fulfillment. We know that everyone's practice life and personal requirements vary. We've set everything up where you can use your content assets in multiple ways. Your content assets stay up-to-date and you have flexible and fun ways to use the resources you need to know so you stay at your best.
Prepare for exams faster and score higher.
- Exam blueprint-based board review
- Comprehensive, adaptive board exam simulation
- Chapter & topic exams
- Practice tests & "see answers" review modes
- Build, save & re-use intelligent custom exams
- Instant feedback & remediation analysis
EarnGet CME Credits
Earn CME credits while you study - or anytime.
- Earn CME credit while you study
- AMA Category 1 credits
- Specialty credits
- State-required credits
- Track CME earnings
- Easy CME certificate PDF generation
Stay current though fun peer-to-peer games.
- Play special CME quiz games within your account
- Peer leaderboards
- Create your own player alias
- New content and CME case challenges weekly
- Earn free CME credit for playing
Stay informed of changes to care and CME requirements.
- Medical education news & updates
- New materials annually for MOC
- Guideline knowledge checks & updates
- Diagnostic challenges
- Informative practice alerts
- Premium offers
Buy once. Benefit forever.Premium Membership - Our Super Renewal Advantage
Never re-buy assets again!
Instead of wasting time and money every year searching for resources, we have a better plan - One-time purchasing and a single low cost Premium Membership super-renewal!
Low-cost renewal saves money.
Purchase products at regular price ONCE. Get a full year of Premium access. When your membership expires, simply renew EVERYTHING in your account for one low annual fee of $199/yr.
Keeps your assets fresh & ready.
We'll keep all of your assets up-to-date and CME ready so you can re-use your assets for MOC and CME/CE needs anytime. You'll even get new content with any qualifying subscription.
It's your choice whether to set up auto-renew or stop and restart your account access later. We're here for you.
Marta Gutierrez, MD
"This plan works. I pay a fraction of what I was paying out every year and have high-quality resources to use for everything.
Bonus Content All Year
Just by having a Med-Challenger online account, you stay up-to-date and informed to changes in current practice.
Medical Education Blog
Our Medical Education Blog offers practice pearls, guideline news, and diagnostic challenges from our clinician authors.
CME Quick Quiz Game
Our popular Free CME Quick Quiz game let's you try new board review questions each week. Free to play.
"Perfect for protecting our providers."Institutional bulk rates are available.
Contact Med-Challenger for more details on bulk pricing.
Questions? We're Here for You.
Ask any of our customers and they'll tell you we have the best customer service around. Live, US-based representatives can help you find the right solutions and get you rolling right away.