ANCC Nursing CNE Credit Requirements
Earn ANCC “contact hours” & Pharmacotherapy CEs
Earn your career-required CNE credits with Med-Challenger.
You have practice requirements year after year.
With Med-Challenger, it’s well in hand.
CNE Credit Types
for Nurse Practitioners
American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Med-Challenger provides ANCC "Contact hour" CNE Credits
The American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) requires members to acquire 75 credits of approved "contact hour" CNE over the last five years. 25 of the 75 CEs must be pharmacology credits.
Med-Challenger provides ANCC-approved CNE Credits in the following assets (see asset for accreditation details):
American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) Pharmacotherapy Credits
Med-Challenger provides ANCC Pharmacotherapy Contact Hour Credits
1. The American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) requires members to acquire 75 credits of approved "contact hour" CNE over the last five years. 25 of the 75 CEs must be pharmacology credits.
2. These 25 pharmacotherapeutic hours do not need to be formally ANCC accredited/approved, provided the certified nurse meets the requirements for Category 1 contact hours. (That requirement is: at least 51% of the total number of contact hours must be in your certification role and specialty and at least 50% must be formally ANCC accredited/approved.)
3. If an educational program includes pharmacy content, please refer to equivalency table below to determine the number of pharmacotherapeutic hours that could be counted towards re-certification.
1 contact hour = 60 minutes
1 contact hour = 0.1 CEU
1 CEU = 10 contact hours
1 academic semester credit = 15 contact hours
1 academic quarter credit = 12.5 contact hours
1 CME = 60 minutes or 1 contact hour
4. The educational presentation or conference agenda may be submitted as evidence to validate the contact hour calculation. A narrative note describing pharmacology content within agenda may also be necessary to validate content. Keep for your records and submit only if audited.
5. The same hours submitted to renew certification may be submitted to a State Board of Nursing for re-licensure.
6. Pharmacotherapeutic content does not need to be presented by a nurse for the hours to be eligible for certification renewal, however the presenter must have content expertise in pharmacology.
Med-Challenger provides ANCC Pharmacotherapy contact hours in the following assets (see asset for accreditation details):
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB)
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Boards (AANPCB) requires members to acquire (as of Jan. 1 2017) 100 credits of approved "contact hour" CNE over the last five years. 25 of the 100 CEs must be pharmacology credits.
Med-Challenger provides ANCC CNE Credits in the following assets (see asset for accreditation details):
For all CME credit types available, click here.
Media Enhanced Learning
High-resolution media – radiographs, ECG, photos, diagrams, video, audio, and more – are included in Q&A case stems and answer explanations to clarify meaning of core concepts. Select topics also provide media galleries for additional reference.
Improved residency training and ongoing performance quality control, instantly, as easy as turning a key.David Bauer, MD - FM Residency Director
By far the best product for knowledge review and cme. Great for exams, but even better for my practice life!Mark Perdue, PA-C, MHS
Challenger makes sure you have the very best content and the very best tools for getting the most out of your time.Mary Alice O'Brien, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC
Outstanding resources for practicing clinicians. You get everything you need in one spot. Takes a huge burden off.Andrea Eberly, MD, MS, FAAEM
Our Premium model is a better plan.
You buy assets once - and can use them year after year!
- Create a single account.
- Buy content assets - once.
- Get one year of access free with purchase.
- Assemble everything you need in one spot.
- Fulfill your career needs easily, every time.
Renew access to ALL PURCHASED ASSETS in your account for only $199/yr.
No more re-buys! No more scrambles.
With active Premium Membership, all your purchases remain up-to-date and useful - year after year.
Subscription-based MOC assets receive new materials annually for free too.
Single asset & multi-asset "value packages" (even more savings) available.Learn More About Premium
Looking for higher pass-rates, higher exam scores, less labor & more control?
Request a demo of our group education platform.
Watch the video.