New Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation CME Course Released - Learn and Review the Best Practices in PhysiatryNew Physiatry CME course covers the most current diagnostic techniques and treatment plans for musculoskeletal pain presentation seen by primary care and emergency providers in general and special populations.
The Goals Behind the New Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation CME Course
Musculoskeletal (MSK) pain is one of the most common reasons for a Primary Care and ER visit. Further, patients with spinal cord injury and amputations presenting in similar settings pose unique clinical challenges. Inappropriate treatment that does not conform to the current standards of care, best practices, and evidence-based guidelines in these areas often leads to suboptimal outcomes and complications, as well as increased costs. Training programs in Primary Care and Emergency Medicine have acknowledged this as a huge gap at regional and national levels.
Training and updating providers on the front lines in Primary Care and Emergency Medicine is needed regarding current standards of care, best practices, and evidence-based guidelines for optimal management of musculoskeletal (MSK) pain in the general population and even more so in specific populations (e.g., patients with amputations and spinal cord injury).
Further, a lot of new interventional treatment modalities are on the horizon. Appropriate referrals to a specialist will allow patients with complicated MSK and pain conditions access to these newer interventional treatment modalities, if applicable, and lead to optimal outcomes.
Med-Challenger has created this course for all primary care and emergency clinicians who manage musculoskeletal pain patients, especially those in special populations.
- Evaluate common musculoskeletal (MSK) issues.
- Formulate an appropriate differential diagnosis and treatment plan for unique clinical problems in specific patient populations (patients with spinal cord injury, lower extremity amputation, complex regional pain syndrome, sports injuries, and hip spine syndrome).
- Identify the indications for use of Ultrasound guidance for commonly performed MSK and nerve injections.
- Critically analyze the applications of PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections in commonly encountered joint and tendon disorders.
- Differentiate applications of newer pain management modalities (e.g., neuromodulation).
Table of Contents
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Shoulder Pain - What to Look For, When to Refer, How to Treat
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Demystifying Hip Pain
- Managing the Spinal Cord Injury Patient in the Primary Care and Emergency Department Setting
- Sports Medicine in Primary Care
- Diagnostic Nerve Blocks and Denervation
- Advances in Neuromodulation
- Managing Low Back Pain in the Office: Current Evidence Based Strategies
- Hip-Spine Syndrome
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Applications in Musculoskeletal Medicine- Concepts and Current Evidence
- Applications of Ultrasound Guidance for Commonly Performed MSK and Nerve Injections in Primary Care
- 196 case-based Q&A with detailed answer explanations
- Comprehensive Exam Simulator
- 12 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM
- 12 ANCC Contact Hours
Ninad Karandikar, MD
Rebecca Dutton, MD
"Best Physical Medicine CME course for the money. A concise review on the best practices and latest modalities of treating MSK pain."
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation CMELearn and Review Physiatry Best Practices.
Review and enhance your knowledge of physical medicine and rehabilitation practices across common and uncommon musculoskeletal pain presentations, including special populations. Continually updated.
- Core review of physical medicine and rehabilitation standards of care in Physiatry
- Useful for all Primary Care and Emergency clinicians
- Twelve topics with over 190 board-style Q&A with detailed answer explanations
- Adaptive self-assessment with guided remediation
- Earn up to 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM - and - 12 ANCC contact hours
More from Med-ChallengerThe Leader in Online Board Review, CME Courses, and Medical Education
Did you like this?
Get more free medical Q&A and informative CME articles.
Subscribe to the Medical Education Blog
More from Med-Challenger's Medical Education Blog
Toxic Alcohols, Free CME Quiz – Earn AMA and ANCC Credits FreeNovember 28, 2022
16-Year-Old with Multiple Pink, Scaly Skin Eruptions – Clinical Patient Case of the WeekNovember 27, 2022
2023 Internal Medicine Boards Survival Guide: How To Best Prepare for IM BoardsNovember 18, 2022
Board Review & CME Offers
Med-Challenger provides online medical education, top-rated board review courses, annual MOC and CME credit solutions for physicians, nurses, PAs and students. Take advantage of our current offers.
PROCareer Value Bundles
in your specialty.
Useful every year.
Ideal use your CME budget.