2022 ABEM Board Review Course Release Covers Qualifying and ConCert Exams - and MyEMCertNew 2022 Emergency Medicine Board Review Released for ABEM Exams and MyEMCert
Challenger Corporation has recently released its Med-Challenger Emergency Medicine Board Review for 2022. The content has been updated for 2022 with attention review content aimed at 2022 Qualifying and ConCert exams - and MyEMCert module exam review.
The MyEMCert continuous certification program started releasing its first modules in March of 2021 (see full MyEMCert information below). The ConCert exam will be offered for the last time in 2022.
Med-Challenger is moving along in-step with this transition and making sure our emergency medicine review packages like EM PRO.
2022 Emergency Medicine Board Review Course Update Highlights
Med-Challenger's 2022 Emergency Medicine review courses provides everything you need to pass the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) exams and fulfill other emergency medicine certification requirements, such as AMA PRA Category 1 and ACEP Category I CME credits.
The course consists of over 3700 continually updated Emergency Medicine review questions, detailed answer explanations, and intelligent EM board exam simulators, all in one powerful, effective, and convenient access point online.
Our updated review for 2022 ABEM exams includes additional material for each of the ABEM topic areas, including:
- Signs, Symptoms, and Presentations
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Psychobehavioral Disorders
- Thoracic-Respiratory Disorders
- Wound Management
- Laws, Ethics, and Professionalism
- and more!
We offer the most CME credits you’ll find in any online ABEM board review, with up to 258 AMA Category 1 CME credits and up to 60 ACEP Category I CME credits.
Med-Challenger offers different levels of study subscriptions, ranging from initial certification to products that cover all American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) credit requirements, state licensing required topics, and annual MOC topical reviews by practicing Emergency Medicine physicians.
Check out our Emergency Medicine Board Review Survival Guide too.
2022 ABEM Exams and MyEMCert Modules
Emergency Medicine Exam DatesAbout the Emergency Medicine Exam and ABEM Certification Requirements
ABEM Qualifying Exam Dates (ABEM Initial Certification)
Qualifying Exam: October 31 - November 5, 2022
ABEM ConCert Exam Dates (ABEM Recertification)
ConCert Exam, Spring 2022: April 1-21, 2022
ConCert Exam, Fall 2022: October 4-24, 2022
ABEM MyEMCert MOC Program Information
On March 31, 2021, ABEM is introducing a new way to stay certified, MyEMCert, designed with the uniqueness of Emergency Medicine in mind, and informed by the preferences of ABEM-certified physicians. This program will replace the ConCert exam after 2022.
MyEMCert will include eight presentation-based modules, each consisting of up to 50 questions. Approximately 80% of the questions will be related to the specific module topic, and 20% related to key advances in the specialty.
MyEMCert Module Listing
- ABDOMINOPELVIC: Presentations may involve the abdomen, pelvis, flank, gastrointestinal, genitourinary system, and early pregnancy complications, as well as abnormal signs and symptoms such as fever, jaundice, pain, rash, hematuria, and nausea/vomiting.
- ABNORMAL VITAL SIGNS AND SHOCK: Presentations may involve almost any condition with a substantial physiologic effect, as well as shock from any pathophysiologic origin.
- TRAUMA AND BLEEDING: Presentations may involve traumatic injuries involving any organ system, surgical complications, and any sources of bleeding (including non-traumatic hemorrhage).
- THORACORESPIRATORY: Presentations may involve the chest wall, heart, lungs, and great vessels. These presentations may include, but are not limited to chest pain, shortness of breath, rash, and other abnormal signs or symptoms.
- NEUROLOGY: Presentations may involve alterations in consciousness resulting from neurologic disease and other transient conditions that may mimic a neurologic etiology.
- SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Presentations may involve psychobehavioral conditions, psychosocial factors, and social determinants of health.
- HEAD AND NECK: Presentations may involve the head, eyes, ears, nose, throat, and neck and may include, but are not limited to, signs and symptoms such as pain, rash, infection, visual changes, and bleeding.
- NONTRAUMATIC MUSCULOSKELETAL; Presentations may involve bones, joints, muscles, and connective tissues. These presentations may include, but are not limited to pain, swelling, numbness, rash, and infections.
MyEMCert will affect physicians differently depending on the year their current certification expires. View ABEM requirements based on when your current ABEM certification expires using the ABEM Reqs tool.
MyEMCert module registration will be available on your ABEM portal starting March 31, 2021.
Med-Challenger has a dedicated MyEMCert Review Subscription for all eight MyEMCert modules here.
MyEMCert modules are organized by content area, allowing you to select, master, and retain information related to specific clinical topics. You may complete the modules in whatever order you choose. Answers with rationales will be provided immediately.
MyEMCert is open book, so study requirements are minimal. However, you must take the modules by yourself.
You will have 4 hours of total time to complete each module. However, you can pause the module while taking it. (NOTE: after 15 minutes your session will time out for security reasons.)
Pilot participants have offered their views on how you might prepare for taking the modules:
- Block off time and choose a location where you can focus
- Use resources and tools you normally would on a shift
- Decide what references you want on hand, including the Key Advance synopses
Other Emergency Medicine Dates & Requirements:
- In-training exam: Tuesday, February 22 – Monday, February 28, 2022
Emergency Medicine Certification Requirements:
Med-Challenger EM PRO BundleEverything in Emergency Medicine
$3672 in value. You save over 44%.
Ideal use of your CME Budget!
EM PRO VALUE BUNDLE - Everything emergency medicine physicians need for knowledge excellence, ABEM exam review, annual MOC requirements, including all MyEMCert modules, annual LLSAs and specialty CME credits, over their entire career - for one great value price.
Call 1-800-676-0822 or email@example.com
If you already own any of the titles in EM PRO, contact us for special discounts and upgrade pricing.
EM PRO bundle includes:
CME Credit Totals:
- 650+ AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits
- 60 ACEP-approved CME Credits
- 53 AAP Category 1 CME Credits
- 53 ABP MOC Part II CME Credits
Kristy Johnson, MD
EM PRO is the best medical education purchase I've ever made. Pays off every year.
More from Med-ChallengerThe Leader in Online Board Review, CME Courses, and Medical Education
Did you like this?
Get more free medical Q&A and informative CME articles.
Subscribe to the Medical Education Blog
More from Med-Challenger's Medical Education Blog
Retinal Disease – Clinical Patient Case of the WeekAugust 3, 2022
Non-ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes – Special Patient Groups, Free CME Quiz – Earn AMA and ANCC Credits FreeAugust 2, 2022
Abnormal Vital Signs and Shock – Clinical Patient Case of the WeekJuly 19, 2022
Board Review & CME Offers
Med-Challenger provides online medical education, top-rated board review courses, annual MOC and CME credit solutions for physicians, nurses, PAs and students. Take advantage of our current offers.
PROCareer Value Bundles
in your specialty.
Useful every year.
Ideal use your CME budget.