Breathing: Ventilation Support - Patient Case of the WeekTry this free ventilation support patient case Q&A courtesy of Med-Challenger.
Try this case and test your knowledge of ventilatory support.
You intubate a 23-year-old man for asthma.
He is unresponsive to standard treatment.
The preferred initial ventilator settings are 6 to 8 mL/kg/ideal body weight, a respiratory rate of 12 breaths/minute, and a positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) of what?
See the Answer:
Want more patient case questions like this?This case was sampled from the following course...
Advanced Life Support and Resuscitation Center CME CourseAdvanced Life Support Certification Review and Resuscitation Center CME Course for Physicians, Nurses, and PAs
Learn and stay abreast of the most up-to-date information required of Resuscitation Center clinicians or any healthcare provider managing airway, ventilation, and resuscitation in adult and pediatric patients.
Satisfies Resuscitation Center CME Requirements.
- Learn the current national Airway, Ventilation, and Resuscitation guidelines (and recent changes) through interactive questions and detailed answer explanations online.
- Prepares you for resuscitation questions on the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) Qualifying and ConCert exams and / or ABEM MyEMCert test modules (program starts 2021)
- Prepares you for recertification in ACLS, ATLS, PALS, or NALS.
- Includes critical content from core emergency medicine textbooks.
- Topics covered:
- Adult Cardiac Resuscitation
- Adult Brain Resuscitation (after cardiac arrest)
- Adult Advanced Airway
- Pediatric Advanced Airway
- Ventilation - all ages
- Pediatric Resuscitation
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Shock Resuscitation
- 200+ questions for review and retention
- Adaptive self-assessment with guided remediation
- Earn up to 9 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™
- Earn up to 9 ACEP Category I credits
- Earn up to 9 ANCC contact hours
More from Med-ChallengerThe Leader in Online Board Review, CME Courses, and Medical Education
Did you like this?
Get more free medical Q&A and informative CME articles.
Subscribe to the Medical Education Blog
More from Med-Challenger's Medical Education Blog
Toxic Alcohols, Free CME Quiz – Earn AMA and ANCC Credits FreeNovember 28, 2022
16-Year-Old with Multiple Pink, Scaly Skin Eruptions – Clinical Patient Case of the WeekNovember 27, 2022
2023 Internal Medicine Boards Survival Guide: How To Best Prepare for IM BoardsNovember 18, 2022
Board Review & CME Offers
Med-Challenger provides online medical education, top-rated board review courses, annual MOC and CME credit solutions for physicians, nurses, PAs and students. Take advantage of our current offers.
PROCareer Value Bundles
in your specialty.
Useful every year.
Ideal use your CME budget.