2020 State CME Requirements Update - New State-Required CME Topics Added to State CME CourseMed-Challenger's State CME Course Updated for 2020
Med-Challenger provides one of the most popular courses for earning State CME Requirements. Med-Challenger's State CME course is continually updated so healthcare providers in all 50 US states can find and fulfill state CME requirements year after year. We've just updated our State CME Course with newly required state CME topics for 2020 - and we freshened up everything else. If you need to earn State CME credits, check it out.
New 2020 topics added to the State Required CME course:
Prescribing Controlled Substances
1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM
Author: Gerard Kiernan, MD, FHM, FAAFP
- Identify the increased risk of persistent opioid use associated with post-surgical opioid prescription.
- Outline the risks and benefits of opioid therapy for the treatment of chronic back pain.
- Identify the factors which are associated with an increased risk of opioid misuse disorder.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the prescription drug monitoring program.
- Describe the need for the establishment of clear and attainable goals prior to initiating therapy with opioids.
- Prescribe the appropriate dose and formulation when initiating opioid therapy.
- Recognize the increased risk associated with high-dose opioid therapy.
- Arrange an appropriate follow-up plan on initiation of opioid therapy.
- Recognize the need for urine drug testing prior to initiating opioids and interpret the results appropriately.
- Formulate a treatment plan for a patient with ADHD and a history of a substance misuse disorder.
- Manage ADHD medications during pregnancy
- Recognize the dangers associated with the use of benzodiazepines in the elderly.
- Appropriately utilize benzodiazepines for treatment of generalized anxiety disorder.
Recognizing Victims of Human Trafficking in the Pediatric Emergency Department
2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™
Author: Andrea C. Eberly, MD, M.S., FAAEM
- Define human trafficking, its incidence in the United States, and the scope of the problem.
- Identify suspicious indicators that may suggest a patient may be involved in human trafficking.
- Describe the multifaceted health issues and complicated social challenges faced by patients involved in human trafficking.
- List important aspects of medical management and treatment for those involved in human trafficking.
- Identify access services that can help patients involved in human trafficking and secure their safety.
State CME Requirements CourseSatisfy your state CME requirements easily, every year.
Satisfy State-required CME anytime, anywhere, year after year, with Med-Challenger's State CME Requirements course. Continually updated.
- 1000+ high-yield board-style questions with detailed explanations
- 80 topics, including new topics annually
- 100 AMA Category 1 CME credits
Questions? Email email@example.com
More from Med-ChallengerThe Leader in Online Board Review, CME Courses, and Medical Education
Did you like this?
Get more free medical Q&A and informative CME articles.
Subscribe to the Medical Education Blog
More from Med-Challenger's Medical Education Blog
Ophthalmic Side Effects of COVID-19 – A Novel Case from the Coronavirus PandemicOctober 20, 2020
New Adult Gerontology Question Bank, AGNP Distance Learning Curricula for Nurse Practitioner ProgramsOctober 19, 2020
EENT Disorders – Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Review Questions, Free CME Quiz – Earn AMA and ANCC Credits FreeOctober 9, 2020
Board Review & CME Offers
Med-Challenger provides online medical education, top-rated board review courses, annual MOC and CME credit solutions for physicians, nurses, PAs and students. Take advantage of our current offers.